Saturday, August 13, 2011

Deep Cleaning Monthly Schedule

Neat freak here...again!  Okay, you know I like a tidy house, but I don't really enjoy "deep cleaning."  Who does?  However, I really LOVE the results of deep cleaning, so I do it.  This summer I majorly deep cleaned my house, but I kept thinking that I should spread the tasks I did over a year instead of two, crazy-filled cleaning days.  Therefore, I created a list that I am going to follow for the year.  When I have a few minutes, I will tackle the task for that month.  And hopefully by the end of the month, that task will be completely done!  Here is my schedule:

Scrapbook Elements by Shabby Princess {Festival}

January:  I am going to clean out all my closets (get rid of clothes, clean the shelves, etc.).

February: The dreaded blinds will be tackled in February!  I will also wash the few curtains I have in my home.

March: Clean all of my light fixtures and ceiling fans.

April: Ugh...windows.  Enough said.

May: For my bedrooms, I will use Murphy Oil Soap to clean my wood furniture, wash my bedding (comforters, etc.), and deep clean anything else that needs it (under the beds, behind the dressers, etc.).

June: Carpet {sidenote: I still heart my Shark Vacuum} - I had my carpets professionally cleaned this summer, so I will probably just spot clean them myself next summer. I also gave all my floors (hardwood & bathrooms) a really good scrub this summer.  Hello, magic eraser.

July: Wipe down my bathroom cabinets with Murphy Oil Soap and SCRUB my showers/tubs (magic eraser again). Here are my favorite bathroom cleaning products.

August: Vents?  Yes, vents. For the first time since I moved in, I took off all of my floor vents and washed them.  I also used my vacuum attachment to get some nastiness out of the vents (yuck).  Also, if you have any ceiling vents, you can dust/clean those.

September: Murphy Oil Soap for the kitchen cabinets, pull out all of the appliances and clean, empty entire freezer and fridge and scrub it clean, oven, etc.  My favorite kitchen cleaning tips.

October: Once again, use Murphy Oil Soap to clean wood baseboards, doors, walls, etc.

November: Clean and organize my laundry room. And Trina's. :)

December: Take all of the cushions off the couches & chairs in my living room and vacuum them.  Murphy Oil Soap my wood living room & dining room furniture.

D.O.N.E.!!!  Did I miss anything?  Hope not.  Have fun with this... :)
                                                                                                       

P.S. You can find a printable copy of the deep cleaning list {and a few other goodies} in an Excel Workbook {here}.

To download the Workbook follow these directions:
1. Click on the link above {or here}.
2. Click on "File" {top, left corner}.
3.  Go to "Download as".
4. Choose "Excel" {best option}.

Now you can save it and change it to fit your specific needs!

 I love Goggle Docs!

27 comments:

  1. Good idea! I think I will follow this, as well. I edited my list just a little. I only have 3 sets of blinds and no curtains, so I added that in with fans and lights and added garages to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Arin! That is a great idea to combine those two things and add the garage to the mix! I just started following your blog - welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you happen to have Martha Stewart's Homemaking Handbook (or maybe it's called "Homekeeping"?!)... you're certainly on top of cleaning in all ways, but her book had similar lists and suggestions for daily, monthly, and yearly sorts of cleaning with specific tips, etc. It's a really helpful reference but might also be of interest if you could check it out from the library, also have you ever heard of the Fly Lady's cleaning tips? people here really swear by her, but I haven't read much of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either of those books. I just do what works for me! :) I might try to browse through them at the library - thanks for the suggestions! How are you doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a hint the other day about cleaning ceiling fans that I'm sharing with everyone! Open up a pillow case and slide it over the blades. Wipe the blades with the pillow case as you pull it off. All of the nasty dust bunnies will stay inside the pillow case and not all over you and your floor! (Isn't that brilliant?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirsten, I love that idea! I saw a picture of that on Pinterest after you posted this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I really need to start following this. The only thing I would add is doors. My doors and door frames get FILTHY with five little sets of hands running around. And I like the idea of adding the garage too.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Brooke! Yes, I thought about the doors and frames. Maybe add this to baseboards!? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to let you know that I saw your schedule on pinterest and just printed it out. Always trying to find better ways to keep my house clean. Thanks for the help.
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Elizabeth! I am glad it helped you out! I am tackling my kitchen in Sept. :) Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yearly list. I've printed it out and can't wait to get started. My kitchen is going to sparkle by the end of Sept. I was thinking, what about a similar list for outside, maybe one the hubbies can follow?? Thanks for your great tips and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Sydney! I am hoping to tackle my kitchen this weekend! :) I might have to come up with an outside list - thanks for the idea! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your list on Pinterest and am definitely going to try following it! I think I'm going to jump right in with baseboards and doorframes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also found you on Pinterest and just wanted to say thank you for such a great list! Luckily we're putting in new trim and baseboards this spring, so I guess I get October off.. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that this is helping you all! You are so welcome. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! Great idea! I am going to post a link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found this on Pinterest; love it!!! Now I just need one for my weekly cleaning! :) Love your blog; so pretty! Can't wait to look around. Jaimie www.wonderyearsof2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Young wife to be...I am going to try to use your schedule, but I was wondering how you are deep cleaning your blinds. The blinds where I am are kinda bad and need to be cleaned bad! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I am printing it out! I feel disorganized when it comes to house cleaning. Going to have to also check out Martha's book!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good housekeepers keep track of the cleaning chores associated with their households and make sure to have an adequate supply of cleaning materials on hand for when they are needed. In addition to cleaning, housekeeping involves keeping up with the maintenance of the home. Maintenance can be both repairing parts of the home and improving it.

    Bond Cleaning Brisbane | Bond Cleaning Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bond cleaning brisbane. Brisbane bond Cleaners for Real Estate bond Clean.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kitchen holds highest value if we speak about relationship cleanup. Stuffs that ought to be washed in the kitchen's include units, design kitchen counter top, cooker, dishwasher, microwave, defrost fridge, refrigerator, rangehood, cooktop, taps, sinks, microsoft windows, doorway support frames, journey screens, floor surfaces, and the like.
    Bond Cleaners Sunshine Coast

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like this monthly schedule. I don't always manage to get my extra cleaning done as I want to, sometimes I schedule a deep cleaning service every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great list! Now to assign people to come over and do each of these each month, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am saving this post for reference. I have a lot of deep cleaning ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...