Thursday, August 11, 2011

My New Workout Plan

Update {11/8/11}:  You can find my new workout plan here.  This is what it looks like:


P.S. You can find a printable copy of my M-F workout {and a few other goodies} in an Excel Workbook {here}.

To download the Workbook follow these directions:
1. Click on the link above {or here}.
2. Click on "File" {top, left corner}.
3.  Go to "Download as".
4. Choose "Excel" {best option}.

Now you can save it and change it to fit your specific needs!

 I love Goggle Docs!
                                                                                                             

A certain site has provided me with a new workout plan that I am LOVING!  Yes, I am talking about Pinterest.  :)  I came across a couple of different workout plans that I combined to make a great workout for me - and for whoever else wants to join me!

1st inspiration:

via the healthy change

 2nd inspiration:

via downtown

If you know me, you know that I don't workout on the weekends (it is just wrong!).  So for the "level" workout I am following it M-F, so I will do day six of level one next Monday, not Saturday.  Make sense?  Also, since I am doing 25 minutes of cardio with the "M-F" workout plan, I am planning on doing jumping jacks when it says to jog on the "level" workout.  My advice for any workout plan is make it WORK for you!  If an exercise hurts your knees (or other body part), replace it with something else.  

For the past few months, I have kept my workout in my note app.  It is a great way to keep track of how many miles & calories I hit.  But most of all, it is a cheat sheet for me.  I also enter in the "level" I am at each day, so I don't forget that day's exercise. 
You can visit my Health Pin Board to look at other health/exercise goodies.  Also, if you have any favorite workout plans, please share! :)  With new school routines around the corner, it is the perfect time to add a daily workout to that routine, right?!?! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love these!! I have pinned them as well. By the way.. your Health Pin Board link doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, SO helpful!! I am loving your blog and all of your ideas!
    Jaimie
    www.wonderyearsof2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to follow an actual plan instead of winging it when I am able to get to the gym. This looks like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On your Tuesday Legs & Abs 3 sets.... Are you doing 3 sets of the three repeats? So all in you'd do 9 planks that day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For cardio, is it suggested to run during our leg days? Can something like a run on the hills or a livestrong treadmill be ok for this workout plan?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...